Zonta Club of Mid-Ohio Valley
Empowering Women Through Service & Advocacy
Zonta Club of Mid-Ohio Valley is a local group of dynamic individuals who empower women on a local, national and international level through service projects and advocacy outreach.
Who We Are
Zonta International's mission is to empower all women through scholarship, service and a supportive community. Established in 1919, we are 33,000 members strong. There are 1,200 clubs which are represented in 67 countries and geographical areas!
Chartered locally in 1959, Zonta Club of the Mid-Ohio Valley (formerly Zonta Club of Marietta) - the local arm of Zonta International - is an organization of individuals who have experience in or are currently involved in a recognized business or profession. The most important requirement for membership is a dedication to improving the lives of women and girls on a local, national and international level.
Our club goals include:
* Encouraging area girls and young women to realize their full potential.
* Increasing our membership and presence in Ohio and West Virginia.
* Strengthening our current service projects and scholarship opportunities.
* Continuing to advocate against domestic abuse and human trafficking.
* Improves the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women through service and advocacy.
* Works for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions.
* Promotes justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
* Unites internationally to foster high ethical standards, implement service programs, and provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nation.
"If you want to change the world, help the women."
~~ Nelson Mandela
Contact Zonta Club of Mid-Ohio Valley
P. O. Box 634
Marietta, Ohio 45750